Sunday, February 19, 2006

My design got press!!!



Decorating Spaces- March 2006

I haven't mentioned it previously on this blog but, I'm an interior designer. I work for a company called Apartment Zero.

Last year we met two gentlemen from D.C. who wanted their condo re-done. They already had a great kitchen but practically the rest of their space was all open space. They wanted us to create a dining area and lounge area for not only them but their guests also.

We put a plan together and they decided to go ahead with almost everything that we proposed. They loved the ideas and ran with them. They painted everything themselves, even the stripes that I suggested behind the fireplace, in the colors that I picked out. After that we ordered the furniture and it was delivered to their house. Unfortunately, we never made it back to the condo to see how it looked completely finished....Until, we got an email from Tim saying that their place was going to be pictured in Decorating Spaces Magazine!

Fast forward to this morning.... Jenn and I went over to Barnes and Noble and grabbed a copy. I flipped through thinking that I had better look closely because the article won't be too big and I didn't want to pass it.... but when I flipped to page 78 there was a huge picture of their living room. I looked at the next page and there was another picture... it turns out this is no little article at all, it's a 5 page spread!!! My jaw dropped and I was amazed. I've posted just one of the pages above. It's moments like this that make me really love my job!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shannon! I am always so envious of your creative career.... you are so talented!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! that is awesome!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats shannon! from what i could see the room looks amazing.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Mansard said...

I'm so proud of you, sweetheart!

I could always "see" your designs in magazines in my head! It's no surprise your design got photographed and published! Plus, you're so good with treating clients right....

Congrats again!

10:15 AM  
Blogger gwadzilla said...

cool
recognition is a good thing!

congrats

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home