Friday, June 16, 2006

Southern Culture on the Skids



Southern Culture on the Skids: Recher Theater Towson, MD

I have recently gotten an "education" on this band. Hillbilly rock meets surf will give you a good idea of what you are in for. I had a "best of" cd made for me so that I'd be familiar with some of their songs. Little did I know that going to this concert would not only get me familiar with this band but would put me on stage with them and meeting them afterwards!!!!

We got there shortly after the doors opened and were asked to be "Chicken Girls." I was like what the hell?? The owner of the theater explained that you go up on stage for one song "8 piece box", dance and throw fried chicken at the audience. At first, I thought no way in hell am I doing this but, just as quickly as that thought came...it left. It was replaced with when the hell would I ever have this opportunity again?? sign me up!!! Long story short one song turned into 4 and we ended up throwing out Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme pies too!! It was a blast. We got to meet all three members of the band afterward- They said "Ya'll good dancers!"- what a mess!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mansard said...

Yay for adventure! Here's to a million more stories to tell...

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home