Thursday, March 30, 2006

HGTV- Curb Appeal


One of the most exciting things that happened to me this year is that I was picked to be a designer on an episode of Curb Appeal on HGTV. I worked together with another artist on this mural above.

The house that I picked to do was a rowhouse in D.C. The owners share a walkway with their next door neighbors that leads to the back alley. I thought it would be a nice touch to add a little artsy touch to this space. Previously it was just plain dark brick. We painted the whole walkway lighter and added this small mural. It's the tree of D.C. and marks when the row of houses was built.

The episode just aired and it was so crazy! My closest friends were here, a few live too far away, and it was surreal.....thanks to everyone for all there support and all the compliments!

Thanks to Curb Appeal, HGTV and Edelman Productions for the opportunity!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mansard said...

Baby, it is going to be so completely bizarre that you'll be on T.V. and we'll probably surf right past your show, "Like, oh my God, are they airing that episode again!?!"

Congrats for all of your hard work on it last year!

3:33 PM  
Blogger gwadzilla said...

where was that....

I always dream that one of those shows would offer their services to a non-gentrified block in Columbia Heights
or perhaps the alley behind my house

so much potential
yet
no desire or care to bring things up to their potential

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon-
We saw you on HGTV yesterday. I said- hey- I knew someone named Shannon Wang. And then I said-- hey, that's her.
Congrats on your success...

TSHS c/o '91:
Craig and Nell (Prickett) DeMattia

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home